Weekend retreats are free of charge to those who are attending for the first time.
Our Three Day Retreat Weekends offer a full schedule of activities that includes basic fly fishing instruction, medical education and groups that provide opportunities for support and connection with other women surviving cancer.
Retreats begin on Friday afternoon and conclude on Sunday after lunch. The schedule includes group activities and fly fishing instruction. Most women who attend have never held a fly rod… and many have never fished. Fly fishing instruction is simple and fun!!
Fly fishing instructors and river guides are always present to teach and assist. All meals are included and volunteer staff are onsite for the entire weekend. While the retreat schedule has a variety of activities, we encourage women to participate at their own level. There is plenty of free time built into the schedule. All participants and volunteers will receive a detailed retreat schedule prior to the weekend.
One Day Retreats are designed for women who want to attend but can’t get away for an entire weekend.
March 6-8, 2020 SC Coastal Retreat, St. Christophers Retreat Center, Johns Island, SC for women cancer survivors in SC and NC (with at least one spot for women from other states!) Apply for this retreat on our website BEGINNING January 1, 2020. For more info: email@example.com
Our Alum/Staff Retreat scheduled for April 3-5 is cancelled. Current plan is to move that retreat to May 22-24 (please see below). We’ll keep you posted!!
May 22-24, 2020 Alum/Staff Retreat, Lake Logan Center, Canton, NC. This retreat is for women who have already attended a retreat and for all retreat staff. Please contact Jennifer Alphin, Alum Coordinator, for updates and details: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 9-11, 2020 Fall Retreat, Lake Logan Center, Canton, NC for all women cancer survivors in NC and SC. Apply for this retreat on our website beginning July 1, 2020.
A few things to know about our Three-Day retreats:
- Retreats are offer entirely free of charge.
- Although retreats are frequently held at camps and retreat centers that are associated with a specific spiritual denomination, Casting Carolinas retreats are designed for women of all faiths.
- Retreats begin at 2 pm on Friday and end at 2 pm on Sunday.
- There are limited spots available so we request that you contact us asap if you find you can’t attend.
- We always have a waiting list and those on it have a really good chance of getting in!
- We can help you find a ride so please don’t hesitate to ask our Participant Coordinator to assist.
- For more info please see our FAQ page.